Updated: Mar 20
One of the most important pillars in my health arsenal for me and my clients is fulvic acid, one of the most amazing and well documented compounds on the planet. I am very passionate about this powerful solution and I invested hundreds of hours researching it, in my quest to find the best and cleanest fulvic acid.
Fulvic Acid can provide a wide array of health benefits:
Remineralization of the body
Anti-microbial, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
Immune system support
Detoxes harmful chemicals
Protects overall health
A good quality fulvic is completely water soluble and it is an organic compound found in water and soil. Not all Fulvic acids are created equally though. It is important to have access to the Certificate of Analysis: fulvic acid ratio by weight, water solubility, fulvic acid bioavailability and heavy metals/toxins content. Water extraction versus requiring harsh chemicals is another important aspect of the quality of your fulvic.
Why our body needs help?
1. Deficiencies and toxicity:
Centuries ago, the earth was filled with vibrant plant life, soil microbes, and organic matter
that made the soil ideal for growing. We need to drill almost two miles beneath the ocean floor in Japan to find ancient soil deposits that still have nutrients and microbes alive and preserved, unexposed to the pesticides and herbicides from the ocean above. At this time, our soil is depleted because of the use of pesticides, herbicides, lack of soil rest between crops, not rotating the crops and lack of replenishing organic nutrients. Overuse of the
soil created an overgrowth of harmful pathogens and depletion of the beneficial soil-based
organisms (SBOs, very important for our immune system and overall health). The result is
more unhealthy chemicals in our food and in our bodies. Our liver is not able to process the
huge amounts of chemicals that our bodies are bombarded with every day.
2. Oxidative stress:
Heavy metals generate free radicals which are unstable and highly reactive atoms that disrupt enzyme activity, damage cellular macromolecules and cell membranes. Oxidative stress is an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the ability of the body to counteract or detoxify their harmful effects through neutralization by antioxidants. Oxidative stress is a major component in our aging process and recovery from injury or exercise.
We need to supply our bodies with natural antioxidants (from fruits, vegetables or from fulvic acid supplements) that can scavenge harmful free radicals (reactive oxygen species -ROS). Free radicals are molecules that lack an electron. Free radicals are not only produced by ingesting or inhaling heavy metals or using household and environmental chemicals, but also our metabolism produces free radicals. The solution we have is supplementing with the nutrients that we are deficient in and detoxing our body on daily basis.
Why do we even talk about fulvic acid? How it can help?
The antioxidants in a good quality fulvic acid are highly reactive and bioavailable to donate an electron to neutralize the oxidative process. The Antioxidant Capacity of fulvic acid can be 173 times greater than pomegranate and 188 times greater than regular blueberries! The complexity of macro-elements, 70+ trace minerals, 70+ electrolytes, antioxidants, polyphenols, trace elements, ionic minerals, amino acids, enzymes and over twenty flavonoids present in a good quality plant origin fulvic acid is outstanding.
Immune system support
- Fulvic replenishes your body with naturally-occurring soil-based organisms (SBOs), which
have been shown to improve immune system response. A recent study showed that SBOs can be beneficial for anyone suffering from allergies, fatigue, insomnia and chronic illness.
Clinically, people are enjoying better energy, less pain, and stronger immune systems.
Fulvic acid can fight pathogens
- Nearly all of us are living with pathogens and parasites that could be negatively impacting our health. If pathogens are causing symptoms, like digestive issues, cramping, itching, rashes or many other possible clues, fulvic acid can be a beneficial addition to the cleansing protocol because recent studies have shown that fulvic acid fights pathogens and boosts antioxidants. Fulvic acid can be useful even topically against fungal and bacterial pathogens (like staph) resistant to other drugs.
- Gut issues, like IBS, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) and leaky gut (intestinal
permeability that allows undigested food and toxins to cross over from your intestines to your bloodstream) are extremely prevalent. Also, diarrhea and chronic constipation, likely due to medications, pesticides, environmental concerns like BPA, stress, and many other reasons are seen more often. Many studies link a healthy gut, with plenty of beneficial bacteria, to better overall health. Fulvic acid can boost the health of your digestive system by replenishing healthy nutrients and enzymes. It is also important to work on removing inflammatory foods and toxins.
- Fulvic acid helps the body absorb important nutrients and oxygenates cells. Dr. Michael Lam (well-known adrenal fatigue Dr.) recommends using fulvic acid to help with the tiredness and low energy from impaired adrenal glands. Fatigue can also be caused by mineral imbalance or deficiencies of nutrients and fulvic acid can help restore your body’s trace minerals. According to Dr. Lam, fulvic acid can also help calm the nervous system and relieve stress. Many people report better daytime energy and better sleep once starting fulvic acid as a supplement.
Body remineralization, absorption and hydration
- According to Ty Bollinger, (the Truth about Cancer), fulvic acid is bioavailable and has a low molecular weight, so it can pass through your cells easily and transport minerals quickly. It can carry up to 60 times its own weight! It also “lowers the surface tension of water,” which improves hydration.
- Fulvic acid contains 70+ trace minerals and macro-elements, essential for overall health.
Michael Karr, Certified Professional Soil Scientist, describes which nutrients are needed in the soil of plants for proper growth and they are similar to the essential macro-elements for human health: phosphorus (for energy), magnesium (for chlorophyll), calcium, nitrogen (to produce enzymes and proteins), potassium (for drought preparation), and sulfur (for amino acids). Fulvic acid is important for plants too, as nutrition and it can absorb radiation from the sun and protects the plant from toxins in the soil. (Wolbert)
- Pain medications is harmful and extremely addictive. We need to employ alternative solutions for pain, natural essential oils and fulvic acid. Many researchers have used fulvic acid with high success rates in pain-management. One hospital reported a nearly 95% success rate when treating corneal ulcers with fulvic acid injections and drops. (Yuan) Another hospital found fulvic acid to be beneficial with pain related to ulcerative colon infections, gastrointestinal bleeding, and hemorrhoids. A Chinese hospital discovered that it not only helped elderly patients with their age-related aches and pains, but also stimulated their appetites, improved sleep, and raised energy. (Wang)
Brain health and improve cognition
- Studies show that fulvic acid may be a good adjuvant in supporting brain function decline
(Coronejo). A study published in the Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease stated that fulvic and
humic acids have cognitively-protective properties. In a hospital in India, researchers
discovered that fulvic acid showed promise for not only anti-aging properties, but also reducing symptoms of brain function decline. (Wang).
- Fulvic acid can remove heavy metals from the body, specifically metalloproteins. These proteins protect the body by storing excess metals, so they are not flowing freely in the blood. But we don't want them in your body at all and fulvic acid can help remove them.
Supplementing with fulvic acid for 6 weeks showed decreased blood levels of toxic metals like cadmium and improved the function of excretory organs. Fulvic acid has been shown to bind to lead as well (Xiong), assisting the metals in safely exiting the body (“Elimination of Heavy Metals”).
Introducing fulvic acid to our health routine needs to be done gradually, ideally starting with
foot soaks, whole body soaks and face masks for 1-6 weeks. Internally we should only use the highest quality fulvic acid powder (no shilajit) and only after the detox pathways are open to make sure the toxins can leave the body.
Ioana Grigore, Certified Master FootZonologist
Find a good fulvic acid HERE.
*Check with your practitioner if you are taking any prescription medication. These statements
are not evaluated by FDA. No diagnosis, cure, claims or treatments are being made.